Quality Heating Services
Safety, comfort and efficiency should not be a guessing game
Get a Caloris HVAC technician will determine if your furnace needs to be replaced, determine the right size and perform the installation in 6 to 10 hours.
Aside from air & filter quality, maintaining good temprature levels is vital to our well-being.
Save money on your bills lower your carbon footprint by using energy-efficient solutions.
Ask us about the ecoEnergy Retrofit-Homes program and find out how much you qualify for.
Winter Energy-Saving Tips
By setting your thermostat back 2-3 degrees at night time to save an approximate 6-7 per cent seasonal heating energy savings. However, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Install an energy star programmable digital thermostat
- Use rugs and carpets to keep the place warmer (also reduces noise)
- Change the direction of airflow on your ceiling fan
SHOULD YOU GO WITH AFUE OR BTU?
Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency: a higher AFUE rating means a higher efficiency unit. It measures the amount of heat actually delivered to your house compared to the amount of fuel that you must supply to the furnace. Thus, a furnace that has an 80% AFUE rating converts 80% of the fuel that you supply to heat -- the other 20% is lost out the chimney.
A British Thermal Unit (BTU) is the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree F. This is the standard measurement used to state the amount of energy that a fuel has as well as the amount of output of any heat generating device..